Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wedding Invitation Ornament and #18 Complete

Today is a two for one post, people! We get one super easy project AND we get to cross something off my 26 before 26 list. Woo hoo! And, if you're looking for a last minute gift for some newlyweds in your life, this would be perfect.


My sweet cousin Melissa just got married this month. I was so sad we couldn't make it out to the wedding, but I knew I wanted to send her something special. I originally saw the project on pinterest, and loved it. It's so simple and so meaningful. Gotta love that.

Wanna learn how to make one too? As with most of my projects, it's so very easy.

Supplies you'll need:
Wedding invitation (or other meaningful piece of paper- birth announcement maybe?)
Scissors
Clear glass ornament
Ribbon



Simply cut the invitation into strips.


You want the words to show, so don't cut any lines of words in half. You most likely won't be able to fit the entire invitation in the ornament, so you can put the strips that are blank to the side and only use them if you need them.


 Next, you need to curl your strips. To do this, simple wrap the strips around your finger or a pen in a spiral. Then just take the top off the ornament and feed the curled strips into the bulb. If they aren't laying how you'd like them to, try using some tweezers to manipulate the strips inside the bulb. Tie a ribbon on it and you're all done!

 

And there it is - #18 crossed off the 26 before 26 list! Truth be told, I've actually made a few gifts this Christmas season, but I can't post about those before Christmas because I don't want to ruin the surprise for the recipients. BUTTTT- I officially received news that this gift was received yesterday and now I felt free to post about it!


 I think it's the perfect thing to do with a wedding invitation- don't you? I might just have to bust out one of mine from the overflowing wedding box and do it :)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
And don't forget, if you like this blog, please join.

....and while you're at it, Like it on Facebook!


2 comments:

Sarah Yoder said...

This is so sweet! I have been wanting to do this for awhile but just didn'r get around to it!

Nikki Correa said...

Adorable!! Love it!