Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

DIY Glitter Candles : Creating Christmas : Day Five


  
Day Five!

Remember how I told you recently that I went on a bit of a glitter rampage? Well, one of the things that didn't survive were the candles. Once I figured out mod podge wasn't flammable, they really had no chance.I don't know what it is about this Christmas, but it's really making me want to glitter EVERYTHING.

This is a super easy (I say that a lot, don't I?) and I am loving the results. Want to make some too? Ok!

Supplies you'll need:
Mod Podge
Glitter
Candles
Foam brush
Painter's tape (optional)

I decided I wanted to do some glitter stripes on two of my candles, so I taped out my design with painter's tape. The painter's tape doesn't exactly love the waxy candle, so be sure to press it down hard.

Next, I mixed my glitter and mod podge. Put a good amount of mod podge in a cup or on a plate and pour in the glitter. If you're doing stripes or another design, you're going to want to have a heavy hand with the glitter. If you just want to an overall light glittery effect, you can use less.


I then simply painted the mod podge glitter concoction onto the candles.

 Do a few layers, letting it dry a bit in between. For an even more sparkly effect, sprinkle extra glitter on the wet mod podge.


Once mostly dry, peel off your tape. Admire your sparkly handy work and display!




If you read this blog, please join!


....and Like on Facebook!

Linking up:
There is a great Holiday link party today at the DIY Show Off. Go check it out!

2 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty and soooooooooooooooooooooooo festive!!!! i can see them!!! yeah!!!! : ) thanks for sharing : ) hugs...

shirley girl said...

Yeah!!!! This whole week of sharing has been awesome!! Love you.....