Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Guest Post : Mantel Fun : Creating Christmas : Day Four




We are smack dab in the middle of Creating Christmas! 

Today would usually be our normal Wednesday Words post,  but since this craft involves involves words, consider it a christmas craft AND wednesday words all rolled into one! To make things, even better, my dear friend Jami from Lollies and Lemons is sharing this cute and simple craft.

Truth be told , I am completed jealous of her mantel goodness. My current apartment has no fireplace and that is no fun come Christmas! But anyway, enough about my ridiculously hard life without a fireplace mantel, onto the crafting. Take it away, Jami!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mantel Fun
Inspired by Pinterest, I wanted to create a festive piece for my mantel


I started with a nice little trip to the thrift store and purchase three (3) 5x7 picture frames for $2.55.  I bought a small bottle of red spray paint and used some fun Christmas paper I found at Michaels.


I spray painted all three frames.  If you want each frame to be the same shade of red (or whichever color you choose, I recommend using a primer). 

Next, I searched for fun fonts to use.  There are several free fonts online  but I used the general fonts in Microsoft Office.  I printed directly on the scrapbook paper.  I traced the letters with a black sharpie to enhance the color.

The glass from the picture frame is a useful guide.

This is a handy tool for swift cutting but regular scissors work just fine.

After all pieces are cut, place in frame.  I choose not to use the picture frame glass.  Voila!

 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Didn't she do a fabulous job? I love the paper she chose. Be sure to head on over to Jami's blog, Lollies and Lemons to check her out. If you're anything like me, you'll be giggling in no time.

If you don't mind, please take a moment to Follow Love, Lindsey!


....and Like on Facebook!

Linking up:
The DIY Show Off

4 comments:

Jami Lynn said...

awe...i just <3 you!

Nikki Correa said...

So easy and so AWESOME!! Love love love!

Special 'K' said...

Each time I visit you amaze me with your clever makes. thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Anonymous said...

Today is documentation indisposed, isn't it?