Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pepperollies

I saw these somewhere on Pinterest. Although I didn't pin them, so I can't really give you a source. I can tell you I definitely don't remember them being called "Pepperollies". Brandon spit that name out and I just about died with how perfect it is. He says he can't take much credit because he heard it somewhere before, but whatever, I think he is a food naming genius. I did google "pepperollies" and what came up was more of a pinwheel pepperoni creation, but I don't care.

Have you guessed yet that this recipe has something to do with crescent rolls? (Maybe one day Pillsbury will let me write a cook book for them. OR beg me to stop with the crescent roll ridiculousness)

This one is E-A-S-Y. Although I'm pretty sure I always say that, don't I? I say it because it's true, people! Anyone can make these. Your 8 year old can make them. Or you can make them and act like they were super hard to make so your family bows down to you as the Queen/King of all things deliciously packed into warm, flaky, buttery goodness. Enough of the hyperbole; let's get down to business.






Unroll those triangles of dough magic. Top with 3-4 slices of pepperoni. Add 1/2 stick of string cheese. 

Roll it on up. 

Bake it.  Let cool so you don't burn the crap out of your mouth. Dip in pizza sauce (my favorite is muir glen organics pizza sauce- it comes in a can :) or ranch or both. Eat 'em with a salad for dinner. You get 3 1/2. Your husband gets 4 1/2. You know, so you can say that he ate more than you. Totally hypothetical.

Pepperollies
{makes 8}


Ingredients:
8 oz. package of crescent rolls
3 oz. pepperoni
4 sticks string cheese, cut in half
Ranch dressing and/or pizza sauce for dipping

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll and separate crescent rolls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Top each triangle of dough with 3-4 slices of pepperoni. Place one 1/2 of string cheese stick on top. Roll up each crescent roll. Manipulate the dough so everything is all tucked in. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Let cool for a few minutes. Serve with Ranch dressing or pizza sauce.

Linking up:
Remodelaholic
Home Stories A toZ

4 comments:

shirley girl said...

Yum....you have inspired a co-worker as well....Love you!!

Nikki Correa said...

When I first saw this I was like, 'that is the PERFECT name!!' oh my goodness I LOVE it! I almost want to make them, just so I can use the name! Brilliant... and now I'm hungry...

MrsTerri said...

These look really good!

Terri M.
www.beyond-relevance.com

sissy said...

Girl you are amazing!