Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Cards

Even though this is our second married Christmas, this was our first year sending out cards. Last year I had the best of intentions. I mean, what newlywed doesn't want to send out a Christmas card with their brand spankin new husband and new last name on it? I remember how giddy and odd I used to feel seeing "Adams" next to my name. Sometimes I'd think, "Who's that?" and then would have to remind myself that Lindsey Adams was in fact me. Now, just a year later, it's my maiden name that feels awkward and distant. Funny how things work like that.

So last year, I happily designed our Christmas cards on Costco.com, picked them up from the warehouse, and got on my way to addressing and stuffing envelopes. About halfway through, I stopped to look at one, thinking "I love this card. I love how cute and married we are." I read the caption: "Wishing you a Merry Christmas as we celbrate the birth of our Savior". Wait. celbrate. CELBRATE? Now, you may question this next statement considering there have probably been a more than a handful of mistakes in my writing, but I honestly can't stand typos. Especially when they come from me. And there was no way I was going to send out a Christmas card that had "celebrate" missing an "e". So I did what any sane person would do- I threw them all in the trash and didn't send out cards.

Well this year was different. I proofread, had Brandon proofread and then I checked again. Side note: I almost ruined the cards again because I initially used a font that had marijuana leaves on it. Hahahahahahaha. Thank God Brandon caught that one. I would have DIED. I honestly just thought the font had a pretty design. Sometimes I'm so naive.

Brandon's sister, Heather, snapped some photos for us on Thanksgiving and this one was my favorite. I opened it in Photoshop, made it black and white and then painted the Christmas lights a pale yellow to give them a little glow. Then I added in the text, saved it all and sent it off to be printed. Those last two sentences make it sound like it took me five minutes. But trust me, it did NOT. Between the time it took to agree on a favorite and me changing, rearranging, and changing back the fonts and wording, I'd say I logged at least a couple hours. I'm no Photoshop pro, though, so that could explain why it took me so long.


I only wish I had each of your addresses so I could mail you an actual card, but this is the next best thing. Consider this your virtual card!


I truly hope your Christmas season has been merry and bright. On Sunday, we had an amazing Christmas Concert at church. The musical talent housed in that high school auditorium blows my mind each and every week, but this past Sunday was truly spectacular. We sang songs we've all heard so many times before, but the passion with which they were played this weekend was truly breathtaking. Being reminded in my heart and soul that God sent His son in the form of a helpless, precious baby to save me and the rest of humanity is just beyond words. My eyes were full of tears the entire time. Happy, joyous, thankful tears.

In the midst of my Christmas crafting, shopping and wishlist making, I certainly needed to be reminded of what this season is really all about. I hope and pray that amidst all the craziness this season has become you are filled with the joy and peace that only Jesus can bring.

If you read this blog, please join!


....and Like on Facebook!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lindsey! :) Merry Christmas to you and Brandon too. Mr D.

Nikki Correa said...

I love you Christmas card and thank you for reminding me about last year, I was laughing so hard jut thinking about it!

shirley girl said...

Beautiful Linds!!! Love you....

Jami Lynn said...

Love it!!!

Unknown said...

Awwww, I love your Christmas Card!!! Merry Christmas to you & your hubby!!!
That's too funny about the font you almost picked..sounds like something I might do! lol
I love your blog too... :)