Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

How to be fancy

So I'm not really that fancy. But I'm good at pretending. And now you can be too.

I made another peanut butter chocolate concotion.You may be asking yourself- Is this girl a one hit PBC (yes, we're abbreviating peanut butter chocolate, because less than two weeks into this blog I am already tired of typing it out) wonder? The answer is: maybe. I totally bake other stuff, but there is a heavy emphasis on the PBC. Some people's love language is words of affirmation. My husband's is peanut butter and chocolate.

Seriously, this recipe is beyond easy. It's a great one to have on back up just in case. It only takes 3 ingredients, all of which are easy to keep on hand.

On to the goodness. I first spied this creation on Pinterest, thanks to my friend Amber (who is actually the person who introduced me to pinterest. If you have no idea what pinterest is, please discover it. It will change your life. Leave me a comment and I'll send you an invite). Thanks to Noble Pig and For the Love of Cooking for the inspiration!

PBC Crescent Rolls

8 oz. container of reduced fat crescent rolls
Peanut Butter
8 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate cresecnt roll triangles onto ungreased cookie sheet. Spread each triangle with a thin layer of peanut butter and top with a few chocolate chips.

Roll up the triangles from the wide end to the point. Make sure all those chocolate chips are nice and tucked in. Pop it in the oven for 11-13 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.

Meanwhile, melt until smooth remaining chocolate chips along with vegetable oil in microwave in 20 sec. increments, stirring in between. Spoon the chocolate into your super fancy decorating tool, also know as a ziploc bag. Snip one corner off the bag and drizzle chocolate over crescent rolls. Admire how snazzy you are.


Let chocolate harden slightly and serve with a big ol' glass of milk. You fancy, huh?

No comments: