Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chewy, Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies

Before we dive into cookies, I need you to get excited with me about he fact that we got a new computer (!!!!!!) We decided to go with a desktop this time, and I am in LOVE. It's an HP touch screen. And it's an all-in-one computer, which means everything is housed in the monitor part- there isn't a computer tower. Um, hello technology, you are awesome! (More details about the computer here) We got a great deal on it at Coscto, after my very sweet husband drove to what he described as the "sketchiest Costco" to find one of the few in stock in San Diego County.  Here it is in what I just decided I will refer to as my blogging corner:

I'm sure I'll get around to pretty-ing up the space soon and organizing. But for now, you get the real life picture.

OK, onto the cookies. Yes, chocolate chip cookies are pretty much a baking staple. And the world may not need another recipe, but whatever. This is my go to recipe. It is slightly tweaked from the Trader Joe's bag of chocolate chips, but I am sharing the recipe with you for two reasons:
1. Not everyone has a Trader Joe's and very well may NEVER come in contact with this recipe. Plus, I make some changes that you wouldn't know about even if you did have one nearby.
2. Every time I make these, people love me. Who doesn't want a recipe that makes people do that?

I love these cookies because they stay chewy even after a couple days and, in my opinion, they have the perfect hint of saltiness that I go gaga for.

Oh, random side note: I totally just remembered I did a school project about the invention of chocolate chip cookies in fourth grade. Apparently this love affair began at an early age. Curious about the history of these cookies? Go here.

Chewy, Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
{adapted from Trader Joe's chocolate chip cookie recipe}

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12 oz. package) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 

Combine flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl and set aside.

 In large bowl, cream together sugars, butter and vanilla. Once creamy, add in eggs and beat until well combined. Next, gradually stir in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips. 

Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. remove from oven and let cool.

{Makes 2 dozen large cookies, could be stretched to 3 dozen for a smaller variety. Adjust baking time accordingly}

Tip: It's not neccessary, but I love AirBake cookie sheets  for baking cookies. It helps them not burn and keeps them baking evenly. You can find them at many local retailers, or online here.

2 comments:

bathtub glazing queens said...

Many congrats on getting a new computer.I love eating chocolate.I will definitely try this recipe.Kindly give me some idea on how many people can be served by it.

new jersey roofing contractors said...

I also love Desktop computers and i also have a HP touch screen and i really love it and i really love this cookies and i didn't try salty chocolate cookies but i looks very good.