Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Friday and The Holiday Guide

Happy Friday, friends! I am so happy it's Friday, aren't you? If I can just make it through today, I know there are two blissful cubicle-free days ahead of me. Is it obvious that I am really over work this week? Usually, it's not so bad, but this week has just been less than fun. OK, moving on. You didn't come here to hear me complain, did you? Onto the good stuff.

So, now that Halloween is over, I feel like the Holiday season has officially begun. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it, but I'm really looking forward to savoring all the goodness of this season. And living in Southern California, when I say "goodness", you know I'm not talking about snow and cold weather, but I am talking about Christmas music everywhere you go; wearing scarves, adorable coats and boots even though it's probably not even close to cold enough for them; and a feeling of community and wholeness like no other time in the year. Eeeeeeeek!! Can you tell I just love, it? If you're a Christmas hater, you might consider taking a two month break from this blog (Kidding! Kind of...)

I'm hoping this year I'll have it together enough to make some of those handmade gifts I've been pinning on pinterest , send out Christmas cards that don't have glaring spelling errors on them (more on that in a future post), and bake treats for friends.

Not in that holiday spirit yet? Think I'm crazy for talking about Christmas on November 4th? Maybe I am, but why don't you just go ahead and join the crazy with me? It's way more fun over here, I promise. To get you in the mood, if you haven't already, you should check out The Holiday Guide by Emily Henderson. It's 238 pages of holiday amazingness. Click in the player below to view it all.




Don't you worry though, I'm not skipping over Thanksgiving. My pumpkin obsession isn't over yet! There are at least two more giant cans in my pantry. 


1 comment:

Jami Lynn said...

I'm pretty sure this calls for a crafternoon of making Christmas tags for all Christmas cards....can i get a woot woot