Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Green Routine: DIY Drain Cleaner

The Christmas decor is down and it's back to work this morning. But it's the fresh & shiny start to a new year and for that I am thankful. I love the newness the beginning of the year holds and the road stretched wide with possibilities that seems to lay before us.

Perhaps one of your resolutions this year has to do with cleaning. Well, whether it does or not, I have a little gem for you: DIY Drain Cleaner. You see, our shower drain gets clogged pretty often. We usually buy some store bought cleaner, but it's kind of expensive. I saw this pin on pinterest from the blog Tidy Mom (Great blog, go check it out) and I knew I had to give it a try. It claimed to be the best drain cleaner and only used two ingredients that I already had on hand!


Here's what you do:

1. Pour 3/4 cup of baking soda down drain
2. Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar and cover drain with plate or plug.
3. After 30 minutes, remove plate or plug and run hot water down drain for several minutes.
4. Repeat 1-3, only if necessary (I had to for a very tough drain clog).

You can also do this on a regular basis just to keep your drains clean. Cool, huh? So inexpensive and so effective. I like that!

Check out my other post on my getting-there green routine:
Coconut Oil Love

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And don't forget, if you like this blog, please join.


....and while you're at it, Like it on Facebook!


1 comment:

Nikki Correa said...

Thank you for posting this! My drain is starting to back up and I want to attack it before it gets worse! Will be trying this tonight!