Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Wishlist

Although it still feels exactly like summer here in San Diego, I know that the calendar says September 16th and that means Fall is coming! Fall might be my favorite season. (But don't judge me if Winter, Spring or Summer come around and I start calling those my favorite seasons too...they all are special in different ways)

Anyway, I've been seeing so much fall goodness in magazines, on Pinterest and all around the blogosphere and I can't help but get excited for boots, sweaters, fall tv and all things pumpkin. Along with all of those, I have a few extra things on my wish/to-do/to buy list this Fall:

A Cable-Knit Throw
How cozy does that look? Don't you want to just snuggle up under it on the couch? I know I do. The one pictured above is from Pottery Barn and costs a whopping $79, but I think I found some looks for less, from here (IKEA )and here (QVC of all places)!


Something, anything with card catalog details
Ok, so something on a MUCH smaller scale because my slightly less than 700 square foot apartment can't even begin to handle that gorgeous beast, but you get what I mean. Maybe I'll try and make something using card catalog pulls, found here. What does this have to do with fall? Good question. I won't even go down that rabbit hole where it makes sense in my head. Just know that it does.

 Branches in a Vase
Don't those branches just make you feel all autumn-like? I want some sort of branches to replace the spring/summer flowers I have in the vase in my living room. I love the branches in the picture above- hopefully I can find something similar at Michael's.

The Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
Once upon a time I had the most amazing pumpkin muffin recipe at my fingertips. Now, it is no more. Sooooo....this fall will be my quest to find the perfect pumpkin muffin recipe. Get excited.

Butternut Squash Soup
Never made it. But I know I love it. This goodness needs to happen soon in my kitchen. Any recipes? 
Send 'em my way.

Roomy Boots
Dear husband, if you are reading this, I know you're asking yourself WHY I need another pair of boots. Well....let me start by saying that I didn't buy any new boots last fall or winter. Yeah, that's pretty much all I got. I just want them. I don't need them :) Basically, I want boots that are really wide around the calf. Apparently my calves are big for my shoe size because I always have trouble with my boots being too tight. Why can't I find boots that fit like this?:

Rice Pudding 
My coworker has seriously turned me on to rice pudding. I need to learn how to make it. So good. Definitely happening.

and last but certainly not least. What would fall be without....
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Oh, Starbucks, how did you manage to make something so amazingly delicious? Now that I have my espresso machine at home, I must figure it out!  I've seen a few recipes floating around the internet, but none seem like quite what I'm looking for. Time to get in the kitchen and experiment!

What are you looking forward to for Fall?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ha, every season is my favorite too! I love those branches and I really really want some new boots too! Thanks for getting me giddy about Fall.

shirley girl said...

I had the most awesome butternut squash soup just this past week. Some of the yummiest spices, but could not put my finger on any of the spices. However, it did have a little kick. Oh, and the branches.....I love it. Works out wonderful here in the midwest. Love you!!!!